My alarm went off at 5:03 am, way too soon. I pressed snooze twice before dragging myself out of bed at 5:21 am. I groggily made myself a bowl of cereal and ate it with an empty stare nowhere. Usually, once I’m up, I’m up and moving. But this time I just felt like everything was a haze.
My body felt “off.” Hard to describe, but it just felt weird. Like weak or something. Maybe it was the massage I had the night before; not sure. I forced myself to get ready for a run. To get an idea of how “off” I was, I actually put my shoes on without socks. Yeah, one of those kinds of mornings.
I actually made it out the door and walked down to the park. But once I got there I just knew it wasn’t going to happen, so I turned around and walked home, and went straight to my couch where I plopped down to watch Gossip Girl. The season premiere. One of my guilty pleasures.
Ironically, I the last post I wrote on guilty pleasures was 2 years ago this month. So let’s take a look at what my current list is:
- Gossip Girl: With quotes like, “My fairy godmother is my credit card”, what’s not to love?
- General Hospital: I started watching with my Grandma when I was 5 years old, and thanks to TiVo, I still watch it religiously. What can I say, they’re like my family.
- Fro-Yo: 2 years ago I listed Yogurtouille, but now I have so many more options. I can provide quality reviews on at least 6 different places. Fraiche is my favorite, but Harmony is most convenient. A large will last me for at least 4 days. Yum!
- Lululemon: an *expensive* guilty pleasure. I’ve graduated from shoes and handbags to “yoga-inspired clothing.” Seriously, I can’t even put together a “regular clothes” outfit anymore. But I can tell you all about Lulu’s seasonal color palette and fall line.
- Words With Friends: my newest addiction, just discovered last week. If you’ve never heard of it, its basically Scrabble on your iPhone. I think I have about 7 games going on right now. I’m not very good at it yet, but getting better.
To quote my cousin Jenna, “Its okay to judge me, I judge myself.”
After work, I indulged in a couple more guilty pleasures: a hair appointment at the salon, while reading the (thick) September issue of Elle magazine (in hopes of getting some sense of fashion back).
Here’s the mid-way point:
and here’s the finish!
Now that I’ve fully indulged in an unplanned rest day, time to get back on schedule tomorrow.