I did a 4.5 mile track run tonight in Burlingame. Most people can't deal with the monotony of a track run. If it weren't for my Burn Playlist, I'd be one of them too. My Burn Playlist has 96 songs and is 6.5 hours long. That's a lot of burning. But at least I never have a repeat, or run out of songs!
Here's my current favorite ones to run to (in no particular order):
- Roam by the B-52's: The strength of their voices gives me an extra bounce in my step.
- Theme from Rocky: As the song starts, I picture myself running up those stairs.
- Pump It by the Black Eyed Peas: As the song goes on, I go faster and faster
- The Chris Cox Megamix of Britney's Greatest Hits: I think of the energy it takes to dance to that mix; it ends with Toxic
- Lose Yourself by Eminim: This is the perfect song for the tempo I run. The beat is in sync with every step I take. I like for this song to come on during the 2nd or 3rd lap as I'm gearing up to go the distance
- Wild, Wild West, by the Escape Club: throwback to the 90's; makes me feel like I'm on a dance floor with wild hair
- 4 Minutes, by Madonna and Justin Timberlake: "I'm out of time and all I got is 4 minutes..." I try to see how much mileage I can get in 4 minutes
- Dirrty by Christina: I picture the boxing ring from the video and I think of people who I'd like to pound in the boxing ring. I'm not kidding. This brings out my aggression. Its perfect for the middle of run when you're just trying to get thru it; it revs up my adrenaline
- My Time, Triple H's original entrance music: See above, same influence as Dirrty
- Living La Vida Loca: Okay, I admit it; when this comes on I think of the crazy dances they do on Dancing with the Stars.
Billie Jean by Michael Jackson
Rolling by Limp Bizkit
Cold Hearted by Paula Abdul
Stronger by Kanye West
Show Me What You Got by Jay-Z
I'm sure I'll have a whole new set of favorites by next week. LOL.