* Easter I’ve been in a post-Easter celebratory food coma for the past few hours. We celebrated with a family get-together doing what we do best - eating.
Check out the spread:
- Dungeness crab - Prawns - Short ribs - Teriyaki chicken - Noodles - Deviled eggs - Scalloped potatoes - etc, etc, etc - you get the idea.
Oh and I must not forget the Sibby’s cupcakes that we had for dessert!
* Saturday Workout
It’s a good thing I burned some calories yesterday on my 10-mile run. It was my last double-digit run before the race.
Since it was “only” 10 miles, I slept in and lounged a little, and didn’t get out the door until well almost 10 am. I was once again fooled by the fog and over-dressed for the run. Although my weather app said it was 57 degrees with only 62% humidity, it felt like it was much more humid than that (and we all know how much I dislike humidity).
The run itself went pretty well:
- I used a new pair of shoes - my third Pearl Izumi SyncroFuels. They fit so well that I don’t even need to break them in. I am still only at 200 or so miles on my second pair of PI SyncroFuels, but the tread on the bottom of the shoes has started to wear so I decided to start incorporating a new pair. I also received another pair of Pearl Izumi shoes (different model) from RoadBunner. They didn’t work for her, so I’m going to see how well they work for me. I’ll start using them after the race.
- I was supposed to say within the 10:45-11:00 min/mile pace for the first 5 miles. I’m not going to lie - it was so hard to do. All I wanted to do was speed up, but for once, I listened and did mostly okay; i.e., close enough. The last 5 miles were to be sub 10:30 min/mile pace which felt much better.
* Race Week
- I can hardly believe that my race is next Sunday. I feel like the time has just flown by. I’ll be traveling on Friday, and off all of next week, so this will be a busy work week for me. I’m also going to try and get lots of rest, so I may or may not be blogging much this week. I’m sure I’ll be having lots of thoughts going through my mind, so perhaps I’ll probably jot them down and either posting them post-race, or post some scattered thoughts throughout the week - we’ll see how it goes.