Yesterday I got my first FitBit Weekly Report. It was a surprise; I didn't know they sent these out.
Here's what it looked like:
January 2-8, 2012
- Given that I wore the FitBit while running, I realized that I lead a *really* sedentary life. Take away those running steps + miles and who knows what these numbers would be. I guess that's to be expected when you sit in front of a computer all day. It's a good thing I like to work out.
- Now that I see how many steps I take a day, I have started taking the stairs to my second floor cubicle. Yes, that means I've been taking the elevator every day for the past 4 years that I've been at my job.
- The weight change is misleading. I didn't always weigh myself at the same time every day. Just goes to show you how much your weight fluctuates throughout the day.
- I have actually gotten at least 7 hours of sleep every night during this time period, but actual time slept was an average of 2 hrs and 41 min? Anyone know how much REM we actually need every night?
- Confession: I hit refresh on my browser several times during the day and get giddy every time I see the numbers increase. It's influencing me to make more active choices. There have been several times in the past week that I have parked in the farthest spot away from the door just to see how many extra steps I take. I guess this means the FitBit is a good influence on me.