I don't know about you, but I can't believe January is already over. I'm glad to see it go; it always seems to be the most dreary month of the year. At the start of the year, I set a bunch of annual goals, but I also set smaller ones for the month. Here's how I fared in January:
* Run the Lyon St steps in San Francisco (as recommended by Anotorias): Yeah this one didn't happen. Gonna have to move it to February...(but hey, I did run go for a run on the Embarcadero...)
* Run 4 times each week, with one being a long run on each weekend: I ran 3 times each week with a long run each Saturday. I was over-ambitious with the 4 times a week. I guess I could fit in another run if I really killed myself, but I value the other workouts that I do. Being injury-prone, I feel that the cross-training that I do is critical to helping me run 3 times a week. So I am going to scale this goal back to 3 times a week for February. But my total mileage for January was 50 miles!
* Swim 3 times each week: I swam 2 times each week, usually on Sundays and Thursdays. Theoretically I could fit in a swim on Friday nights, but I'm usually so exhausted by the end of the week, I don't have the energy. My goal for February will be to try to swim at least once on a Friday night.
* Go to Yoga Tune-up each Monday this month: Done!
* Try 4 healthy recipes this month: Done! Tried 3 new recipes alone just last night!
* Get to bed by 9:30 pm on Sundays - Thursday: For the most part, this was done! I've made a concerted effort to do this and when I'm able to, its made a world of difference in my overall health!
* Clean my desk: Done!
* Have the photos from my 2007 Europe trip framed: Not done - moving to February.
* Send a handwritten card to 4 friends: Done!
I guess 5 out of 9 is pretty good. While I would have liked to have completed all of them, I'm not terribly disappointed that I didn't. I'm proud of the ones that I did accomplish and I'll continue to strive to accomplish the ones that I didn't.
So my goals for February are:
Carryover Goals: - Run the Lyon St steps in San Francisco - Run 3 times each week with a long run on Saturdays - Swim 2 times each week, 3 is a plus - Have the photos from my 2007 Europe trip framed
New Goals: - Run 100 miles in Feb - Finish 2 of the 8 books I'm currently reading - Record what I eat in the Daily Burn every day in February - Eat 5 servings of fruit/vegs a day - Go 1 vegetarian one day a week
In addition, I still plan to keep up with all the goals that I did accomplished in January.
I love this goal-setting thing. Its like being on a training plan - keeps me focused, productive and give me a sense of satisfaction when accomplished!
Monday Run So this morning I ran 4 of the 100 miles that I have planned for February. While it was a beautiful, dry morning, I wimped out and headed to the treadmill at the gym. These days, the only way I can manage to run on the dreadmill is to watch music videos. It puts me in a trance and makes me forget that I'm even running -- which if I'm not careful, could be a dangerous thing. It was a good, uneventful run, however, I still can't get my Garmin to work indoors. While I ran 4 miles in 44 minutes (11 min/mile), this is what my Garmin recorded:
Does anyone know how to fix my settings so that I can get accurate metrics when on a treadmill? Can the Garmin even work indoors?
I'm off to spend the rest of the day doing my civil duty by reporting to jury duty. Cross our fingers that I'm selected to serve on a panel!