Memorial Day has passed and it's officially June. I think it's safe to say that summer is here, complete with the typical Bay Area summer of cold, rainy weather (that I love!). I'm inspired to set some summer goals:
1. Eat More Vegetables
Since I started counting calories again, I'm able to get a clear view of what I'm eating - on a big picture scale. And what I've found is that I definitely don't eat enough vegetables. With some of my favorite vegetables like asparagus and corn in season, now is the perfect time to load up on the good stuff!
2. Eat Less Sugar
So what I've also discovered is that I eat way more sugar than I should. With the exception of fruit, I'm going try really hard to make a concerted effort to cut back on processed sugar. I can tell you right now that fro-yo will be my weakness. I LOVE fro-yo during the summer. If I can limit myself to weekends, I'll be happy.
3. Run at The Dish 1x/week
It's a little out of my way to get there, especially during the Winter, so I'm going to take advantage of the longer Summer days and try to make it there at least once a week.
4. Strength Train 2x/week
Last night I did the Arm Definer workout on the Nike Training app and all I have to say is that I have zero upper body strength. This will change by the end of summer.
5. Practice Yoga 2x/week
I truly believe that my current aches and pains are a direct result of my 6-week hiatus from yoga. The class that I regularly go to is only offered once a week so I'm going to pull out my yoga DVD's and try to get another session done at home - even if it's just 20 minutes.
6. Call home 2x/week
This will make the parentals happy :)
I also made a Summer Bucket List; i.e., things I want to do this summer:
1. Run the Dish in each direction consecutively.
2. Learn how to stand-up paddle. Anyone want to sign up for lessons with me?
3. Run the Lyon Street Stairs. I have wanted to do this for years. This summer I will!
4. Read 2 books. This may sound easy to some, but it'll be a huge accomplishment for me.
5. Take off some lbs. I'm not setting an exact target, but I am doing a little experiment regarding this. More on this later.
6. Run in Golden Gate Park. See #3 - same deal.