Just a few random thoughts on this Friday:
1. One last thing on the LA County Half-Marathon. This pretty much sums it up...
...lots of walking.
2. After seeing this photo, taken on Black Friday, I decided that I hated my highlights...
...last night I finally got rid of them and went to one color. If you look closely, you can even see that I have a *little* bangs aka very, very short layers.
After 5 years, it was time for a change!
3. I've been having sore legs for months, but its in such an odd location that I haven't been able to describe it. My piriformis has also been acting up lately. So during my trigger point massage this week, Heather, my massage therapist, pinpointed the exact location on both legs where its been hurting. I've been saying its my calf, only because i don't know how else to describe it, but after much study and examination during my session, she told me the area that I'm hurting is under my calf, the fascia at the base of my soleus. She sent me this diagram which pretty much describes my ailments.
I guess its all related.
4. I met with Danielle, with my nutritionist this afternoon. I only had a few questions so our session was relatively short, but we talked about these things:
- Hummus I recently discovered hummus and can't seem to stop eating it with pita chips and carrots. * Great source of protein and healthy fats * But don't go overboard because its still a fat (olive oil-based) so watch the calories
- Almond Butter I started eating almond butter about a month ago and wondered how it compares to peanut butter. Its a mono-saturated fat so its slightly better than peanut butter and has more heart benefits.
- Fish Oil I had a discussion with someone (I can't remember who) about the benefits of fish oil. I already add flax seed oil to my smoothies so I wondered how they compared. Bottom line, they are both omega-3's but have different make-ups. But since I already eat so much fish in my diet (most recently halibut and seabass), there isn't really any reason for me to take fish oil pills. Interesting stuff.
- Let the field replenish We talked about some of the races I've signed up for next year and she reminded me that our bodies are like fields - after a harvest, the fields need time to replenish themselves to get ready for the next farming season, and I should enjoy the holiday season let my body rebuild. <3 her!
That's it for now! I'm off to enjoy a very rainy weekend in the Bay Area.