* Race clothes? check * Running shoes? check * Garmin 310 XT? check * GU? check * Back to Nature Dark Chocolate Granola (for breakfast)? check * Phone charger? check * Mini foam roller? check * Arnica, Naproxen, Biofreeze? check, check and check
Looks like I'm all packed and ready to fly out to Vegas tonight. If you're interested in sharing the experience, here's some last minute details to join in on the fun.
Bib Number #17283
Course The Half-Marathon course is the Strip - flat and fast! Click here to see the course map.
Track By Text You can also track the race by text at Competitor Wireless.
The Play List 1st: Wall to Wall by Chris Brown (I always start a race to this song) 2nd: Empire State of Mind by Jay-Z
then, on random shuffle:
3 by Britney Spears Bad Romance by Lady Gaga Bend and Break by Keane Drop It Low by Esther Dean & Chris Brown Good Morning by Chamillionaire Money Honey by Lady Gaga I Do Not Hook Up by Kelly Clarkson If You Can Afford Me by Katy Perry You Ougtta Know by Alanis Morisette New Fang by Them Crooked Vultures Crack a Bottle by Eminem, Dr Dre & 50 Cent Fighter by Christina Aguilera Warrior by Nelly Gonna Fly Now from the Rocky Balboa soundtrack Uprising by Muse Turnin Me On by Keri Hilson & Lil Wayne Good Life by One Republic Psychic City by Yacht Somewhere Only We Know by Keane Black Cat by Janet Jackson Gunz & Roses by Jay-Z & Lenny Kravitz Forever from More Than a Game I'll Fly With You by Gigi d'Agostino California Bound by Carolina Liar Change by 2Pac
Run a new PR - unlikely to happen, but I'll most certainly try!
* Relax - don't obsess and over-analyze everything
* Have fun! - I'll try to wear a smile the whole time; maybe then I'll have decent race photos
Mile-by-Mile I recently revisited a post of one of the blogs that I follow where the author wrote about dedicating each mile to someone who inspired her and helped her along the way. I thought this was really neat so I made a list of people who inspire me:
* Grandma Jean: She had a profound influence on my life and I spent a large amount of my childhood with her. She passed away last Saturday. I really miss her.
* Kady: My crazy friend who's had a really tough year but has managed to come out of it with her witty sense of humor still in tact. Oh, and did I mention she is running the FULL marathon this week? Her first! Like I said, my crazy friend Kady.
* Tina: My friend who's coming to Vegas to be our cheerleader and take care of us after the race. Only a REALLY good friend does that.
* Veronica: I ran my first half marathon at Big Sur with her. It remains one of my most memorable life experiences.
* Rich: I ran my second half marathon with my Uncle Rich in Seattle. It was a lot of fun to race with someone from the family.
* Sam: The charity of the race is the Crohn's & Collitis Foundation. My friend Sam suffers from both diseases so this race has an extra special meaning for us.
* Yvette: We're always in the front row of the class at the gym. We have a lot of fun working out, going to races and having sushi at Nimo's. :) She's a marathoner and someone I can always turn to for running advice.
* Dave: My trainer who, 5 years ago, forced me to go to the track and start running even though I h-a-t-e-d it - with a passion. But he was mean and forced me to do it anyways and now I love it.
* Lauren: My little cousin who's a Division I sprinter and runs like a deer - so effortlessly. Hate her. (just kidding! I love you Lalers!)
* Jonathan & Billy: Two more cousins who are on very different missions but each with an important purpose. I have the utmost respect and admiration for both of them.
* Life Challengers: The ladies who are a part of the Life Change Challenge we started. They inspire me with decision to choose to live a healthier life.
* Those who would run if they could but can't - specifically my Mom and my cousins, Reiko and Jeff, who all suffer from auto-immune diseases. They battle physical limitations every day but if they could, I know they would be out there with me.
* My Dad: Because he's my Dad!
So that's it. Training is done, let the celebration begin! Oh and I'm running with my phone so feel free to text, email, facebook, twitter, whatever - I will need all the motivation I can get - especially between 8:30-9:15 am (the estimated time of the dark miles of 10-13).
PS And if anyone wants to send me numbers to wager with...I mean after all, I will be in Vegas...